Custom Training Courses
Specialised Training Courses
The AFPS is aware that certain companies require targeted specialised fluid power training to keep their staff fully trained in the understanding and maintenance of specialised plant & equipment. To achieve this objective the AFPS offers specially designed fluid power courses based on the fluid power system particular to a specific machine or process.
These customised training courses are designed by AFPS members and associates who have a vast working knowledge of fluid power applications, so you can rest assured your companies training will be in good hands and the final result will exceed your expectations. If you require further information please send an email or give us a ring.
The On Line e-Learning Programme
The AFPS, in conjunction with our US parent IFPS, is pleased to offer an online training programme designed to meet the needs of today's fluid power technology. Each training course delivers a broad-based understanding of the most important fluid power subject matter and concepts. Courses begin with the basics: physics laws, systems basics and design, basic analysis, and basic components. They then demonstrate how these systems apply to our industry and how they work and interact with each other. All courses apart from the Pneumatic Specialist Course are available in Metric Units.
Each training course features approximately 12-16 hours of trade-specific e-learning filled with simulations, assessments, quizzes, tests, learning labs, and more to build learning and boost retention in your employees. Enrollment information is located at the bottom of this page.
Mobile Hydraulics Course – Learn the various physics laws related to hydraulic power, as well as the hydraulic components and circuits associated with these systems. Study the basics of hydrostatic transmissions, as well as valves and maintenance systems common to almost all combustion engine vehicles. You will also study the symbols and language of hydraulic schematics, helping you know your systems inside and out.
- Industrial Hydraulics Course - Learn about various hydraulic pumps, actuators and pressure controls. See how directional flow and modular control valves operate and produce force inside hydraulic systems. Study maintenance practices for hydraulic systems and their accessories. Understand the basic physics laws as they apply to fluid power and the symbols represented in hydraulic schematics.
- Industrial Mechanical Course - This course delivers an interactive training experience designed to show the various components found in a typical mechanical system and how these components function and interact with each other. Learn about topics such as linear actuators, clutches, brakes, bearings, gears, drives and more. Study how these mechanical systems work and how to troubleshoot them.
- Mobile Electrical Course - Learn the various physics laws related to electrical power. Study the basics of electro hydraulic control as applied to mobile equipment. This course covers topics related to electrical systems: circuits, basic magnetism, circuit components and electrical testers. As part of this course, you will learn the formulas, laws and basic terminology of electricity. This course is popular among individuals who need to understand the workings of electrical systems applicable to mobile equipment.
- Industrial Pneumatics Course - Learn about various pneumatic compressors, air dryers, actuators and airline conductors. See how air is used as a medium to transfer energy through vacuum, as well as distribution and directional controls. Study air preparation, distribution and accessories used to make pneumatic systems operate. Understand the symbols represented in pneumatic schematics and how to read them.
- Industrial Electrical Course - The Industrial Electrical course delivers a practical training experience designed to help you understand the concepts governing electrical systems. This course covers topics related to electrical systems: circuits, basic magnetism, circuit components and electrical testers. As part of this course, you will learn the formulas, laws and basic terminology of electricity. This course is popular among individuals who need to understand the workings of electrical systems on the production floor.
- Electrical Theory - This theory-based course is designed for electrical technicians and those seeking to become journeymen.The learning labs, 3D animations, quizzes and tests in this course bring unmatched interactivity and present you with a comprehensive view of Electrical Theory systems. This course is designed for electrical technicians and those seeking to renew their electrical master’s certification. After successfully completing this course, students will be ready to pass the USA test for Industrial Training Zone Electrical Theory Certification.
The following topics will be covered during this course:
- Basic Physics
- Circuit Fundamentals
- Circuit Analysis
- Basic Magnetism
- Magnetic Circuits
- Single-Phase AC Circuits
- Magnetic Induction
- Poly-phase AC Circuits
AC/DC Motors & Drives - This course covers how to identify and calculate the speed, torque, and horsepower of a motor, how motors and drives operate, and identify the hard-working hardware and firmware involved in motor operation.
This course also covers how to match system components to their respective applications and about the safety considerations associated with operating electromechanical systems. The following topics will be covered during this course:
- System Components
- AC/DC Motors
- Selecting a Replacement Motor
- Line Protection and Filtering
- Electrostatic Concepts
- AC/DC Drives Hardware
- AC and DC Braking
- Testing the System
- Checking the System
- Using the HIM with the Drive
- Selecting a Drive
Diesel Engines - The Diesel Engines Course delivers an interactive training experience designed to help students understand the fundamentals of Diesel Engines. The learning labs, 3D simulations, quizzes, and tests presented in this with this course bring unmatched interactivity for a comprehensive view of diesel engines.
Begin by learning combustion fundamentals and a brief history of diesel engines. Identify the various components of a typical diesel engine and how these components function and interact with each other. Understand fuel pumps, fuel injectors, and intake and exhaust systems, and study the components of the diesel fuel system. Learn about engine lubrication and observe how engine cooling systems work.The following topics will be covered during this course:
- Combustion Fundamentals
- Engine Components
- Air Intake and Exhaust
- Diesel Fuel Systems
- Fuel System Components.
- Engine Lubrication
- Engine Cooling
- Electrical System
PLC Fundamentals - The PLC Fundamentals course delivers an interactive training experience designed to help students learn the necessary concepts to properly operate the systems and components of PLC systems. In this course, students explore the hardware, firmware, and software that make a PLC function. The course also examines appropriate PLCs to use for specific purposes, how to connect devices to a PLC, and how to read and write basic PLC ladder-logic software programs. By understanding how to connect to PLC hardware and function in various control systems, students build strong foundational knowledge of automation control and components. The following topics will be covered during this course:
- What is a PLC
- PLC Hardware
- How a PLC is Structured
- How to Program a PLC
- Devices Connected to a PLC
- How to Use Timers
- How to Use Counters
How to Register for Your Online Training Course:
Select the course you wish to take and purchase a training pass. A training pass is a license for one person to access one course and its associated tests for one year. You may also purchase a block of training passes to use at your discretion.
- A user name and password will be e-mailed to you once you have selected the course and purchased a training pass.
- Complete your online course at your own pace.
You have one year from time of purchase to complete the course. For more information, contact IFPS Headquarters.